- Please Introduce yourself?
My name is Alam and I am currrently working as a senior hair dresser at Saks Bandra. This was the only choice of career I ever wanted. Hair dressing is not a job for me, it's my passion and I like playing with it in different ways.
- A little bit about your hair training schooling background?
Basics of hairdressing from Wella academy and Franck Provost academy
- Where did you learn the art and skills?
Hair dressing has been an inbuilt passion though I have taken some professional help from the academy's and also my day to day experiences teach me a new thing everyday.
- Why and when did you know you wanted to become a hair stylist?
A hair style can either make a person look and feel great or ruin their image. I wanted to be the one to see the satisfaction on people's faces when they walk out with a gorgeous smile and an equally gorgeous haircut to go along.
- How did you get your start in the industry?And how long have you been in the industry?
I got my first job from my academy job placement department. It was at reflection salon, Andheri Lokhandwala. I have been in this industry for around 10 years.
- What is your personal style
Updo's are an all time favourite. There are a lot of variations that we can play with.
- What inspires you?
Inspiration comes from daily things. Nature also plays a big part in it. Colours, fashion all inspires me.
- Which iconic hairstyles do you love?
- Who inspires you?
My friend and colleague Raja inspires me.
- What is you favourite kind of hair to work with?
Curly or wavy
- What is your favourite hair look?
- Have you worked with any celebrity clients?who are some of your favourites?
Shruti Hasan, Bipasha Basu, Shruti Agarwal
- What are your favourite hair products?
the complete L'Oreal range
- Which styling tools do you use most often?
Iron and tongs, hot rollers and dryers.
- What are some good tips for young people trying to break into the industry?
give your 100% dedication and attention during the learning and execute it. There would be nothing to stop you. The sky is the limit for a creative person.
- How do you feel hair relates to personal style
If one is comfortable with their hair, it will definitely show on them. It also boosts one's personality and self esteem.
- Are there any types of products you would advise people to stay away from?
Metallic dyes and Heena
- What are some of your hair styling do's and don’ts?
Do's: Use appropriate shampoo and conditioner according to ones hair type. Always use heat products before styling the hair with some appliances. Don’t's: do not over process or use harsh products on the hair. Do not use the local or grey market shampoos/ products which might make your hair drier or frizzy.
- What hairstyles would you advice for the following face types: Oblong, oval, round, rectangular, square, triangular, diamond, inverted, heart.?
Oblong: Round layers Oval: Bob,Rectangular: One length and forward graduation, Square: Round, Triangular: Long round, Diamond: Heavy layering, Inverted: Natural Inversion, Heart: Combination
- Quick tips for: Hair loss, Oily or imp hair, Dry or damaged hair, itchy scalp, and dandruffs.
Hair loss: after shampoo, use wide tooth combs to detangle hair. Use appropriate shampoos and conditioners. Oily/ Limp hair: Shampoo your hair regularly. Avoid using conditioners. If required, use only on the ends. Dry/ Damaged hair: Cover your hair when out in the sun. Take In- salon treatments regularly. Use Serums after every wash. Itchy Scalp: Shampoo your hair with a cleanser. Keep the scalp and hair clean at all times. Dandruff: Use anti dandruff shampoos and also take in salon services for the same.
- What products from Saks would you suggest for the above problems? And what services?
Hair loss: 1) Amenexil 2) Badivalo Ritual: Stimulating, Oily / Limp hair: Pure Resource Ritual: Strengthing / Clarifying, Dry/ Damaged hair: Nutritive range Ritual: Intense Nourishing, Itchy Scalp: Sensi balance Ritual: Purifying, Dandruff: 1) Ba Gommage 2) Instant Clear 3) Power Clear Ritual: Purifying
- Which current hair trend do you like?(Abroad and India)
Abroad: Short classic bobs India: Long, disconnected hair cuts
- Which hair trend do you think will make the waves next (Abroad and India)
Short, no maintainance, soft layered hair cuts.
- Which indian do you think has a very trendy hairstyle?
Sapna Bhavnani, Saif Ali Khan
- Your experience with Saks? Are you excited Saks has finally come to India?
- Why would you suggest Saks to anyone?
Some of the best Stylists, great services, amazing ambiance.
- Saks product or service that you think defines the salon and makes it unique?
Kerastase rituals in the Saks ambiance makes it unique.
Festivals and Celebrations are around the corner. Its time to look your Best.
Avail some interesting offers on Hair Color, Body Treatments and Nail Art.