- Please Introduce yourself
I am Raja, senior stylist with Saks. Have a passion for hair and beauty..
- A little bit about your hair training schooling background
Through family, as they are in the same business, learnt from Shaman, Franck Provost and Loreal
- Where did you learn the art and skills
From my father, who is also a hairdresser
- Why and when did you know you wanted to become a hair stylist
- How did you get your start in the industry? And how long have you been in the industry?
I started off when I was 7 and its been 14 years in this industry. I got my start from family salon.
- What is your personal style
Gents haircuts (scissor over comb) and texturizing
- What inspires you?
New trends and fashion inspires me
- Which iconic hairstyles do you love?
It would be Dimple Kapadia's look in Jaanbaz
- Who inspires you?
My father and Shailesh (creative head of Juice)
- What is your favourite kind of hair to work with?
Wavy and straight hair
- What is your favourite hair look?
Shilpa Shetty's look (long layers) and Priyanka Gandhi (Politician)
- Have you worked with any celebrity clients?who are some of your favourites?
Yes I have…Sonakshi Sinha,Kim Sharma, Salil Chaturvedi, Tanya Kumar, Kishan Kumar and Avdhute Gupte
- What are your favourite hair products?
All loreal products
- Which styling tools do you use most often?
Blow dryer (as it gives a natural look)
- What are some good tips for young people trying to break into the industry?
The passion and zeal to learn and gradually overcome all their difficulties and also be satisfied with what you do at the end.
- How do you feel hair relates to personal style
Hair is that one thing that make one feel special and expressive, it changes your entire personality and gives confidence
- Are there any types of products you would advise people to stay away from?
Heena, Hair dyes, excess styling products,shampoos like Nijral
- What are some of your hair styling do's and don’ts?
Use a good product before and after hair wash, like a leave in conditioner or serum, heat protecting products
- What hairstyles would you advice for the following face types: Oblong, oval, round, rectangular, square, triangular, diamond, inverted, heart.
Oblong : Face framing & forwards graduation, Oval : Lots of layering, Round : Face framing and fringe to cut the weight of the face, rectangular : long layering, square : graduated bob, triangular : long layers and side fringe, diamond : combination haircut, heartshape : square layers, inverted : bob
- Quick tips for: Hair loss, Oily or imp hair, Dry or damaged hair, itchy scalp, and dandruffs.
Hair loss : Aminexel (loreal product), oily limp hair : Bain Divalent and volumactive conditioner for limp hair and for men homme series, Dry and damaged hair : Bain satin 2, Ciment - Anti Usure conditioner for damaged hair, itchy and dandruff : Bain gommage shampoo
- What products from Saks would you suggest for the above problems? And what services?
Kerastase rituals and shampoo/conditioner for home care and Loreal products
- Which current hair trend so you like?(Abroad and India)
Abroad : Rihanna, India : Katrina Kaif
- Which hair trend do you think will make the waves next (Abroad and India)
Abroad : More glamourous looks, India : Short and mid length haircuts
- Which indian do you think has a very trendy hairstyle?
Priyanka Gandhi, because inspite of being a politician her haircut is trendy and sleek
- Your experience with Saks? Are you excited Saks has finally come to India?
Till now my experience has been great from trainings to my collegues and my boss… All smooth sailing
- Why would you suggest Saks to anyone?
Good ambience, Best Brand, luxiorous services, Value of money, client satisfaction
- Saks product or service that you think defines the salon and makes it unique?
All our hair services, Elemis for skin, honest and result oriented services, its all about giving the client the best experience and our team makes it unique
Festivals and Celebrations are around the corner. Its time to look your Best.
Avail some interesting offers on Hair Color, Body Treatments and Nail Art.